About me:

My photo
Venice, CA, United States
¡Tequila!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Pink Affair


Yesterday, I realized that I'd forgotten to eat the strawberries I bought on sale at Central Market. 

Whoops. 

In an effort to save them in a creative way--i.e. drink them--I decided to make strawberry margaritas. I wanted to do something a little different (translation: I'm out of Grand Marnier).

I just made something up, and the drink was so simple and so tasty, I had two. Okay, three.

I named my drink a "Pink Lady Baby" in honor of the Cardinal babies that are flying around my house this spring, but it's so simple, I'm sure it exists out there somewhere under a different name.



The Pink Lady Baby
1.5 oz Silver Tequila (I used El Berrinche because that's what I had)
.5 oz St. Germain Elderflower liquor
1 oz simple syrup
1 oz Stirrings Grenadine
Juice of 1 good lime
However many pieces of strawberry you have lying around
I muddled the tequila, St. Germain, and strawberries, added the other ingredients, shook and poured straight into a collins with a salted rim.

Yum, yum, yum! Easy, refreshing, and perfect for spring. 

¡Salud!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting! I'm gonna try it, but the difference will be that I'm not going to use what I have at hand, I'll use my best tequila, in my case it is tequila amor mío. let's hope this mix goes well!

    ReplyDelete